Off-Piste & Ski Touring
With 25 seasons in the ski coaching business in Scotland, France, Italy, Switzerland, USA and New Zealand working with all levels from absolute beginner to ski instructor you can be assured of a quality service designed to suit your specific needs.
We specialise in off-piste skiing and ski-mountaineering with experience throughout the European Alps and as far afield as Morocco, Norway, Alaska, Kyrgyzstan, Iceland, Greenland and Baffin Island.
Simon first strapped on skis at the age of eight and has been skiing ever since… Holding the BASI International Ski Teacher Diploma as well as full French Equivalence (mandatory to work independently in France), Simon worked as a Trainer & Examiner for BASI for 14 years, delivering alpine & mountain safety courses to trainee instructors.
With a mountaineering background Simon has spent a lot of time coaching aspirant and fully qualified IFMGA Mountain Guides but is equally happy introducing skiers to the backcountry for the first time. Simon is also a UIMLA-qualified International Mountain Leader.
- First descents of 1200m+ lines in Gibbs Fjord, Baffin Island
- First descents in Watkins Mtns, E.Greenland + 2nd complete descent of SW ridge of Gunnbjorn Fjeld (3693m)
- First descents in Valhalla region of Central Chugach, Alaska
Steep descents (Alps):
- Couloir des Italiens, N Face, Grande Casse (5.4)
- N Face, Col des Courtes (5.3)
- E Face, Dent Parrachee (5.3)
- N Face, Pierre Pointe (5.3)
- Couloir Chevalier, Petite Aig. Verte (5.3)
- BASI International Ski Teacher Diploma
- BASI Trainer/Examiner
- Full French Equivalence
- International Mountain Leader